I met this 21 year old girl in 2011 and for a very brief time we worked together in an organization. The young and vibrant Ashmita Chatterjee is not someone who would not be noticed even in a crowd of people. She introduced me to WordPress in 2011 and that’s how I ventured into the world of blogging. I have been following her blog for a long time now. I can write endlessly about the Ashmita I know. She is vivacious and bold. She is intense about things she believes in. She is a talented blogger who aspires to write a book someday. Her youthful exuberance is simply contagious.
Today, I am very excited to share my first interview with my readers.
So here I am, in conversation with Ashmita Chatterjee of chaoticsoulzzz.wordpress.com.
Hello Ashmita, tell us a little bit about yourself and your blog.
Hi Shilpa, I am Ashmita Chatterjee and I live in Mumbai. I work full time for an international BPO. chaoticsoulzzz.wordpress.com, my blog is my baby. I started writing it a few years back as a public diary. I always loved writing and this was the best platform to get open criticism from fellow bloggers and learn from them.
What do you find most challenging about blogging?
It is time-management. I feel it is of utmost importance to manage time effectively. However, I haven’t been able to blog religiously due to my full-time job. But I have finally started to schedule the posts on my blog. It is very difficult for me as a blogger to manage time to blog.
What is your favorite part about blogging?
It has to be my search for a topic to write about. My blog is about absolutely anything random and so looking for a blog post idea is fun. For example, I start writing about IPL and then switch the topic to how to keep your boyfriend away from the TV during IPL. But I love searching for the topic and for that I believe that it is as they say, beauty lies in anything you see.
Can you name any of your favorite blog besides your own?
I love the food blog by Ishita Saha, Ishita Unblogged. She is one of the best in the food category and being a Bengali, food is what excites me.
What tips and suggestions would you recommend to new bloggers?
I am the last person to give any tips or suggestions. But as you ask, I would point some of them that I have been following:
- Language: Use the language keeping in mind the audience. I usually use a lot of Hinglish, so I make sure I translate the Hindi to English for the English readers.
- Time-management: Though I am very bad at it, it is very important.
- Topics/Blog post ideas: The topics you write about should be something that excites you.
- Proof read: Proof reading your post before publishing is extremely important. There are times when I forget to proof read and then realize that I have made some pathetic spelling mistakes.
- Interact with your readers: Reply to your comments and comment on blogs that you have liked. This will not only increase your audience but it is also a good way of building relationships with your readers.
Thank you so much, Ashmita for this delightful chat. Happy blogging!!!
You can read more about Ashmita on her blog: chaoticsoulzzz.wordpress.com.
I am sure you will love her blog as much as I do.
Connect with Ashmita-